Saturday, October 19, 2013

Field Trip - A Visit to the Nutritionist Part II

I had my second appointment with the nutritionist on Thursday afternoon. The goal of this appointment was to discuss the findings from last week's visit.  We sat down in his consultation room and he presented me with the report.

My Symptom Survey Score was a 979 with 1000 being a perfect score.  My Health Score equates me to a cellular age of 50.  I will be 50 in April.  So far, so good.  My Body Fat Analysis is right where it should be and my Visceral Fat Score is normal.

I'm in great health yet he still wanted to put me on supplements to help my liver become more efficient.

I do need to tell you the supplements I would give you contain animal products.  Do you have a problem with that?

Yes, I do.  I won't use anything containing animal products, not even gelatin used for capsules.  You might call me a militant vegan.

Then I'm afraid I won't be able to help you.

That's when he had me sign a waiver stating I'm declining his services.  Services which I obviously don't need according to his tests.

He did give me some advice on how to use foods to help my liver function better.  Nuts, avocados, beets (blech!) and fermented foods.  
I wonder if fermented grapes count.  


Cheers!



.




No comments:

Post a Comment