Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Days & CPG - "Honey" Mustard Salad Dressing

I know, I know.  Salad dressing...no big deal.  However, I never make my own and usually resort to olive oil and vinegar poured on top of my salads.  It can get old after a while.

While perusing The Vegan Table for this project, I came across this recipe for "Honey" Mustard Salad Dressing and thought I'd give it a try.  We loved it!  Agave nectar takes the place of the honey to make it vegan and the rest of the ingredients are those found in most cupboards or fridges.  By the way, if you need any Dijon mustard, I have three jars.


Here it is!


"Honey" Mustard Salad Dressing
*Wheat-free, soy-free

Makes: 5 (2-tbsp per) servings

Ingredients:
3 to 5 tbsp agave nectar (I used 5 but you could definitely get away with 3 or 4)
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (I wasn't sure what the difference was between rice vinegar and rice wine vinegar so I used the one I had (rice vinegar) and it came out great)
1 tbsp olive oil (optional) (I used the full tablespoon)

Directions: Blend/whisk until smooth and enjoy with salad mixings of your choice!

We had it over Boston curly lettuce and I added sliced almonds and dried cranberries.

  • Ease of preparation - A
  • Availability of ingredients - A 
  • Taste - A
  • Appearance - A

No comments:

Post a Comment