Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Restaurant Review - Strong Hearts Cafe, Syracuse, NY




Although I live only an hour away from Syracuse, I just finally got up to Strong Hearts Cafe.  Situated on a one-way street in the heart of Syracuse, the cafe is easily found and has ample parking.

The cafe is not only 100% vegan but also environmentally conscious and community focused.  They use local produce and compost all their food waste as well as their compostable food packaging.  Best of all, the food is delicious!

I treated myself to a vegan reuben and was not disappointed.  It was grilled to perfection and topped generously with sauerkraut and Russian dressing.  I was given a choice of potato chips or greens on the side (I chose chips because I'm not that righteous).


I couldn't wait to take the picture before
biting into this scrumptious sandwich!


If you're a fan of milkshakes, Strong Hearts can deliver!  I counted 44 different kinds of shakes on their menu all named after famous movers and shakers.  Try the Medgar Evers shake made with peanut butter and strawberries or the Farm Sanctuary shake made with caramel cookie dough.  All vegan!

The soups and muffins served change daily and they're even open for breakfast!  Check them out and let me know what you think!  I know I'll be back for more!

1 comment:

  1. Strong Hearts is so wonderful and their milkshakes are the BOMB! Look for the Vegan Zombie guys there next time you go - they are rad dudes living near you.

    ReplyDelete