Monday, August 11, 2014

The Days & CPG - Falafel Burgers


I love falafels!  They're one of the few things I can eat at various summer festivals but I always have to tell them to hold the tzatziki sauce since it's made with yogurt.

The Falafel Burgers in Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's The Vegan Table came together easily and I liked that the burgers were baked instead of fried.  We ate them without the bun and with this amazing tzatziki sauce from Vegan Mos (I love those guys!) instead of the sauce in Colleen's recipe.  I added some fresh dill since we have an overabundance of it from our CSA box and that really added to the deliciousness of it.  

Psst...I'll let you in on a little secret.  Dr. D. doesn't like falafels so I told him they were chickpea burgers.  He enjoyed them but said they were a little dry while piling on more of that yummy sauce.  I thought they were very good but agreed that they were a bit on the dry side.  We'll definitely make them again though!

  • Ease of preparation - A 
  • Availability of ingredients - A 
  • Taste - B (due to the dryness)
  • Appearance - A


No comments:

Post a Comment