Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Days and CPG - Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)




I'm a freak for lentils.  I can't bother with lentil soup but man, give me lentils with caramelized onions or a Tarka Dal at Moghul Indian Restaurant and I'm one happy chick.

In The Vegan Table, Colleen shares her recipe for Masoor Dal (Red Lentils).  This is one of the easiest recipes I've made and the results are delicious!  I serve it over jasmine rice made in my rice cooker.  The lentils start out a coral color but are golden after they're cooked.  I like to add an extra clove of garlic to this recipe.

I made this recipe for a board meeting recently and everyone loved it.  Give it a try!

  • Ease of preparation - A
  • Availability of ingredients - A
  • Taste - A
  • Appearance - A (as pretty as lentils can manage to be)

No comments:

Post a Comment